Friday, January 11, 2008

Openings in the construction industry in U.K.

One thing that I have learned in my career spanning 22 years is, education in any field is not a waste and it will prove to be beneficial somewhere along the path of one’s life.

At every opportunity thrown to you to get organized training in a field that you have passion for, should be grabbed.

I am citing here an example:

My neighbor’s son who had finished his high school education was aspiring to become a civil engineer. While waiting for his results, I advised him to take training in any particular branch in the construction industry and develop a skill that will become handy when he becomes a full pledged civil engineer.

He sincerely took my advice (he was my student once) and explored openings of apprenticeships in the construction industry and took training in advanced plumbing technology. His success is another story that I will write later.

CSkills.org is a pioneer in this field and they are producing highly skilled workforce for the British construction industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment