Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gold for sale!

I saw this announcement in bold letters in the Sunday newspaper supplement. At first glance, I thought it is a sort of trap to buy gold coins that may not be of pure gold because; gold is not sold like that. We are all used to see ads that shout, ‘household items for sale’ or “bed for sale” only.

People buy gold coins from authentic outlets only like the U.S. Gold Bureau. I buy gold from a jeweler who has been serving our family for the past 30 years. We buy gold and precious stones from him once in a way.

Nevertheless, I contacted the advertiser and inquired what he was selling. He told me that he is leaving the country and wanted to dispose off a few gold ornaments that are ancestral properties plus the golden threads that he recovered from silk sarees.

That put me away. Nobody sells that openly.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment